Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

This is the upper falls at Tehquammenon falls in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan taken with an Olympus C5050z back in May of 2003.

I have since upgraded to a Canon 20D, and expect to be up there again this spring. Any suggestions are more than welcome, as I'm still not feeling like I'm getting the full potential out of my photographs...

Attached Images

Tim_The_Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:57 PM   #2

The Lower Falls at Tehquamenon
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:58 PM   #3

Different angle
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 4:59 PM   #4

Same falls as previous 2, different angle again
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 5:00 PM   #5

Last one for now... Thanks for viewing and any potential suggestions that may be offered.
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:38 PM   #6

It's tough to give an opinion, because the size is too large for me to see them in their entire width/lhieght... maybe resize them, so they are easier to view. They look to be worthy of closer inspection...Best regards

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:47 PM   #7

I completely took picture size for granted, I'm used to working at screen resolutions of 1600x1200+, and often fail to realize I'm in the minority there... :-)

These ones should be more reasonable in size. Thank you for the reply.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 11:41 PM   #8

Tim, these are really great pics.Post some you took with the 20D...since you question whether or not you've got it cookin for you. Really think you hit a home run with these though. Makes me feel like I'm glad to be on this side of those wooden rails in the pics. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 4:31 AM   #9

Nice photos. I see lots of falls and rivers on this site and each person has something in the image which seems to personalize it. In this case I found the railing in the foreground with the names carved in it a neat addition which sets these images apart. I hear its cold in western Canada!!
Joe B.
joenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 7:51 AM   #10

These are nice pics! Although I must say..actually, this is just like to be helpful etc etc...that some of the pics seem to be like too sensitive to the light maybe..and over exposed. And maybe the water that's rushing down the fall is either not quite blurred enough, OR it's not quite sharp enough...so it's like in the half-way point where it's not blurry enough to look softer, and yet not sharp enough to look sharp...which causes a bit of the 'motion sickness' effect. So maybe can use either a faster shutter speed, or even slower shutter speed. Otherwise, it's got something to do with the focus. The camera seems to be focused on the wood rail instead of on the water. So maybe it's better to have a wider depth of focus to cover both the rail and the water. Once again, I look at the water, and have that motion sickness feeling...because it's blurry. Anyhow...this is just a thought anyhow. Different folks have different opinions anyway, so doesn't mean my opinion is right hehe.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote