Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 8, 2005, 3:42 PM   #11

first of all thank you all for viewing and commenting.

after vito suggestions i made fiew attempts to enhance the image but i did not succeed in getting a definitely better image so i gave up. in my experience it is very very hard and subtle work to play with the dodge and burn tool and to ger the desired result. it is mainly matter of experience and sensibility.

minutephotos.com, i appreciate your attempt. yes now the rock and the cross seem to be enlightened by those ray. the effect is interesting but it seems too artificial to my eyes, (just a matter of personal taste, i prefer to leave the religious or mystic theme at the understatement level).

again thank you all!

PS. minutephotos.com, dodge and burn tool are particular brushes that allow you to locally increase or decrease exposure in certain area of the picture. you should find them in the tools palette in photoshop. i often use dodge tool using a soft brush to slightly enhance local hilight area of the picture (i.e. i used to enhance the water reflection in the lower left part of my image).
iacopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 5:04 PM   #12

Quote:
in my experience it is very very hard and subtle work to play with the dodge and burn tool and to ger the desired result. it is mainly matter of experience and sensibility.
I can agree with that, I was trying to find away this could be done quickly in a production. I like the dodge burn brush conceptand thought the magic wand was pretty neat. However, I much prefer how photos look when they are shot great. Original off the lens photos represent the original seen as-is. I generally only use Photoshop to import my raw files. I do all my post in raw settings i.e. exposure, white balanace, then export to tiff or .jpg. I haven't really learned all the photoshop trick yet but looking into it. I want to learn how to use photomerge to make 13x19 or larger prints from drebel files.

I think your photo would make a great large print and would sell well.

minutephotos.com is offline   Reply With Quote