Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 8, 2005, 7:05 PM   #11

Can I ask how you used the picture as a backdrop? I'm still trying to figure out how to do stuff like that. (Or did I read into that and you meant that you just took the kids to that same beach:blah:???!!!) Thanks! Love the soft colors!
WisconsinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:10 PM   #12

Thanks Margie....Minute Phoots and Wisconsin. My cam is an Olympus 5050. Looking to upgrade to a dslr at some point but for what I do at the moment I have to admit I like what this camera does.

About the backdrop question...I was actually mistaken. It was another sunrise picture I took on that day that I used. I then took my kids down there at sunset time (not even going to try to get them down there for a sunrise) and took a pic of them on the boardwalk. Usedlayers technique in photoshop and got my final product. Not hard to do...just takes some practice and a bit of patience. Gonna put the first pic here ( the backdroppic) and will try to get the final pic here too. As you'll see, I obviously played with the color a bit too. Enjoy and thanks for the comments.

Attached Images

aliasd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:11 PM   #13

Finally.....

Attached Images

Old Jan 8, 2005, 9:15 PM   #14

SOrry....not being a hog but this is actually closer to the finished product....sorry for all the pics...
Attached Images

Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:48 PM   #15

Here is the pic I promised of a snowy Indiana. I didn't get out today in the snow so I sent you a pic a couple years old. Is that cheating? Well anyway this is behind my house in the woods.

Margie
Attached Images

eyeshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:02 AM   #16

Cheating??? Maybe...lol. But great shot! Is that really a wolf? If so, cool! None of that in my back yard....just Iguanas and such. Great pic !
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:38 AM   #17

More likely to meet this guy in my back yard. They've emerged here only in the last few years.They're not native to here but are flourishing. I hope I don't accidentally step on one someday.

Attached Images

Old Jan 9, 2005, 1:07 PM   #18

Wow I would think the winters there would be too cool for them. Don't they like the year round desert climate? Nice pic..was this one in your backyard?
eyeshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 1:13 PM   #19

We've goteverything from tiny lizards to alligators and crocs here. Somehow they manage to survive the brutal winters....kidding. This guy and his family live in a canal down the street from me. I've seen them much larger, near the size of a small gator. Interesting looking fella.