Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 15, 2005, 7:35 PM   #1

I'm very grateful to Steve for this site, because it was a huge help to me when I was shopping around for a digital camera. I ended up buying a Canon Powershot A60. So far I've simply used it as a point & shoot camera. However, I recently acquired a tripod, and I've also recently decided to actually read the manual that came with the camera!! (I'm assuming/hoping that will be of some assistance to me!)

Anyhoo, here's one of my photos from the past year and a half or so:

I've also posted a couple more of them on the following site:
http://members.rogers.com/kelly.t1/jsp.html
thekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2005, 9:56 PM   #2

thekelly wrote:
Quote:
I'm very grateful to Steve for this site, because it was a huge help to me when I was shopping around for a digital camera.
Hi and welcome to the forums. Yeah, we hold regular "We Love Steve" days here. This is always my first place to look when I have a question.

Nice shot, send more.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:12 PM   #3

Hi thekelly,
really nice pics, and welcome aboard.

Peter,
also in Georgina. Hiding out in Sutton.

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:31 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcomes and kind words, men! I've already learned a few things from here, and have miles to go.

I'm hiding out in the same area, Peter. But only for the past three years or so. Prior to that I was hiding out in Toronto. I found it's much easier to hide in T.O. than Sutton! :G

~ Kelly
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:06 AM   #5

Yes so true:!:.

I made the jump from Toronto around 1981, now this place is getting to big & busy. Especially if the 404 makes it here, I'll be able to see & hear it from my backyard. Time to move north again :lol:.

This is the local(ish) camera club Country Images Camera Club main meeting is thethird tuesday of each month in Newmarket.

Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:12 PM   #6

Oh, if I didn't have to go to work in Newmarket every day, I'd love to move further north! Maybe when I retire? Although, friends and family in Toronto think I'm already "way up in the woods".

Thanks for the link to the local'ish club. I noticed a while back that the Georgina Arts centre on High St also has a photography club. I haven't investigated that yet either.

Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:32 PM   #7

My wife was part of the original group that got the Georgina Art Center started. Now she just teaches acrylic painting there.

We tried to get a photography club started there, it failed, probably because most people that showed up were already members of the Country Images Camera Club. Which has a pretty full agenda. The only photography related activity there now is a couple of courses being offered by some people, I think one is on digital and one is more traditional film based.

Another group that I am a member of is The Lake Simcoe Region Astronomy Club, it is holding itsmeetings at the Georgina Arts Center, it meets on the first Monday of most fall/winter/spring months at 7pm.

We got a fewacres by Algonquin Park set aside for retirement, but I've been trying to convince someone else herethat maybe Wawa would be better :-). I find that area North of Superiorto be just amazing :-).

Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:20 PM   #8

Wawa, good grief! :G All I'll say to that is brrrrr! I find that area amazing as well, but I'm not sure I could live there. It wasn't north of Superior, but I recall getting lost and ending up in a little place called Gogama, just south of Timmins. We stayed the night because "somebody" aranoid: was just too freaked out by all of the "Night Danger" road signs warning of moose, and didn't want to be driving at night.