Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:51 PM   #11

Scottie wrote:
Quote:
Cudos Kman for going out in that crap to take some great shots. I hope it stops raining out there soon, from what I understand from the news it's getting kinda serious. Out here last week it hit -40 today it's freezing rain. Tommorow....Who knows..............
Stay dry, stay safe

scottie

Thanks Scottie. Yes it is getting serious. We had a landslide, not all that far from where I live, early this morning, and a lady was killed. Her husband survived, and 4 others managed to make it out alive. 3 houses were wiped out, and they've evacuated around 20 other homes in the area. We've had, on the North Shore, 12 inches of rain since Sunday, and we're supposed to get another 4 inches tonight. Then on the weekend up to 8 more inches. I've lived here my whole life (51 years), and never seen anything like this. We tend to get more rain on the North Shore, as we're right up against the mountains, and it really dumps here. Usually double or more than the official readings they take at the airport. Hope it quits soon. My feet are starting to web. Cheers.......thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:24 AM   #12

Greetings Thekman... Well how are you now?? I just returned from Victoria, was there for 6 days, and yep, thar whar scarcely a droppa rain. I hope the dry extended to where you are. I seem to bring dry air with me when I travel to the coast. (Watch it pour buckets next time!) We even had the sun peek out a few times, and just a little cloud other times. So all in all not too bad for Victoria this time of year. Heard about the slides and such, hope you're safe and sound. (and dry for a change) Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:52 AM   #13

Marvellous pix. You've really caught the power of that river inwild spate, & they are very good pix composition-wise too.

Canna.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:18 AM   #14

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Greetings Thekman... Well how are you now?? I just returned from Victoria, was there for 6 days, and yep, thar whar scarcely a droppa rain. I hope the dry extended to where you are. I seem to bring dry air with me when I travel to the coast. (Watch it pour buckets next time!) We even had the sun peek out a few times, and just a little cloud other times. So all in all not too bad for Victoria this time of year. Heard about the slides and such, hope you're safe and sound. (and dry for a change) Best regards,

KennethD
Well we're a little drier now. Actually saw the sun shine today. (Vampires were running for cover everywhere :-) Glad it was nice and dry in Vic. They don't seem to get as much rain as we do on the mainland. But I'm not going to get too excited, as it's supposed to start raining again tomorrow. But not flood type levels this time. Have a good one mate.....thekman.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:22 AM   #15

Canna W wrote:
[quote]Marvellous pix. You've really caught the power of that river in wild spate, & they are very good pix composition-wise too.

Canna.

Thanks Canna. It was pretty wild. Things have calmed down considerably now, and we're just getting our usual drizzly light rain. I guess if you're from the U.K., you can relate to this type of rain. Cheers....thekman.