Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:09 PM   #1

Hey guys, just finished resizing this and figured I'd get your opinions! Thanks

toothlesrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:38 AM   #2

i like the silhouette and the clean shot. maybe a cooling effect (like a 80BA cooling filter) will make it more surreal
clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:01 PM   #3

The lighting and the silhouette effect is good but(to be honest)the picture is rather uninteresting. I can't tell what is in the composition. I am sure you can pull of a greater picture if you recomposeit from a differentangle with different background. Just my two cents. Good luck and keep at it
Hoooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 3:31 PM   #4

Hooba, I see what you're saying and appreciate both of your guys feedback. There were two elements that I was trying to capture. The first being the color and gradiation of the sky, the second being the skeleton of the barn. I have a nother shot of this in landscape, instead of portrait and it looks allright, but for some reason I thought this looked better to my eyes. There wasn't really a possibility for another angle, from the left it is dense woods, on the rightthere was construction equipment and on the back side it slopes steapley. Not to mention it was private property so I didn't want to just walk around his equipment. I took this shot from a ways back. I'm trying to work very hard on my composition. Getting shots right the first time. This will all help me get better, and it's much appreciated!

Gavin
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:32 PM   #5

Interesting effect for a landscape to be shown in portrait mode. I think though that the transition gets lost below the large blue feild. I could show you what I mean if interested..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:57 PM   #6

Rooster Good idea on the composition. I think you aare on to something if you treat it more as a landscape. Another thought would be to get the the sky through more of the skeleton of the building. It feels like I am seeing too much blue sky and not enough building.

From your description, the subject was the sky, but I wonder if the subject shouldn't be the building with the sky behind it. Dont know how it sets up for you, but a shot through the building with an early moon showing somewhere would be pretty neat.

Love to see another shot.
Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 9:16 AM   #7

jsiladi, I'd ve very interested in seeing what you had in mind. Golfer, if I can find a way to get into the barn I may be able to try that. It's privatley owned but the owner doesn't appear to live on the property. I don't want to get rock salt in my rear since he does have some construction equipment around :-). I do have a landscape shot of the same thing that I did like very much, but didn't post. I guess I liked the vast sky shot better. I'll post it when I get home and we'll see what you guys think.

Thanks again!

Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:06 PM   #8

Hey guys,

Here's the landscape shot I took of the same barn. After I sit back and study it a bit, I am leaning toward liking this one more. I just wish I could have gotten more of the blue in the upper sky. Sorry it took me so long