Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:42 PM   #1

The top section of a small waterfall in northern Wisconsin. What do you think of the background color? Any suggestions form the Photoshop experts?

Thanks all!

Chris

msoe-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:10 AM   #2

Hi Chris,

Well, as none of the experts have answered so far I thought I'd jump in, as a friendly non-expert.....

I'm not a fan of mistywater, but think it works really well here, and the viewpoint is very nice.

Like you, I often frame my pix with solid colour, but I'd prefer it if the top was 0.5 cm or even less.To me it feels a bitheavy/dominant at the moment. The bottom looks good, and I think the typeface suits the subject very well too.

The only weeny thing that hiccups for me in the pic is I find the reflected light on one of the rocks on the left a bit distracting, and perhaps it would be less so if you darkened it?

This is just my tuppence worth....

abw, Canna.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:08 AM   #3

The picture itself it fine, the border would work but the border color does not match well with the image.

The image is also a tad on the too big size to fit in a browser window I found I had to scroll all over the place to see the whole thing.Maybe a bit more jpg compression too it is 173K in size a bit rough on those still on dialup. I try to keepmy images100k or less and 800*600 in size to allow easy viewing by most people.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote