Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:06 PM   #1

Dont know if I am posting this in the right section or not but anyways.... My mother has her own web site out with her pictures. She doesnt know anything about the internet really so I am taking it on myself to do this for her. She takes mostly scenery pictures but she also has some animals her most asked for " Angel In The Mist". This picture has gotten the attention of a lot of people including the Catholic Church where they are now going to auction it off at one of their auctions. She is just starting out on all of this but her pictures are good. As I said above she has gotten the attention of the Catholic Church but also, TVA, Many hotels in her area, the Cities town planner and Calander for the last 2 years but also many many private citizens. Anyways, please take the time and check her site out and thank you for your time.

http://angelinthemist.com/
Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:11 AM   #2

okay... :?
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:08 PM   #3

I think advertising $49.95 pictures of water mist (or angels, for that matter) is out of place here. Puhleeeze!
Norm in Fujino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:51 PM   #4

I agree... tisk, tisk...
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:25 AM   #5

Like I said in my original post, I didnt know if I was posting this in the right section or not. Also like I said I am just out trying to spread the word for my mother. Myself I really proud that after 20+ years she is finally trying to do something that she loves more than anything second to her children. And I will do everything I can to help her out. If this was the wrong thread then I do apologize for posting it on this thread. In any case tho that is her web site and the prices are not unreasonable. If they were I highly doubt that she would have sold that amount that she has and especially to who she has sold them too. Thanks for your imput and taking the time too look at her work.
Sacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:11 AM   #6

advertising on any thread in this forum would out of place... this is a dicussion forum, not ebay...:P
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:18 AM   #7

there is nothing special about the "angel" pic. The light is terrible. There is very high grain, poor contrast, andblown highlights
Hoooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:38 AM   #8

Besides, it looks like casper the friendly ghost or an alien anyway... :G
Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:21 PM   #9

Geez, folks...go easy on Sacred, will ya?

I like the look of the pic...Yes, it is grainy but then again perhaps the actual print is clearer.

Sacred, I welcome you to the forum and hope you stick around.

Any guy that puts in a good word for him dear Mum is okay in my book.

As you read more posts, Sacred, you may become aware of others on the forum who do sell their photos (but not here). I would encourage you and/or your mom to work with them if they are willing to give you a hand.:idea:

Keep the faith :-)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:05 AM   #10

digcamfan wrote:
Quote:
Geez, folks...go easy on Sacred, will ya?

I like the look of the pic...Yes, it is grainy but then again perhaps the actual print is clearer.

Sacred, I welcome you to the forum and hope you stick around.

Any guy that puts in a good word for him dear Mum is okay in my book.

As you read more posts, Sacred, you may become aware of others on the forum who do sell their photos (but not here). I would encourage you and/or your mom to work with them if they are willing to give you a hand.:idea:

Keep the faith :-)
Digicamfan...there aren't many nominees for the Sainthood here. You're as close as we will come by being that forgiving. My take of it is, it's not just the wrong thread, Sacred, I don't believe there I S a right thread on this site, as the request to not post commercial material is plainly stated. Having said that, perhaps our friend digicam fan has pointed you in the right direction. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote