Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:34 PM   #1

My first post here, tips would be appreciated! These are from my recent trip to Saline Valley in Death Valley National Monument. I was attempting to capture the extreme distances of this beautiful place.

eburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 11:47 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum eburrows. I like these a lot. Having spent all my life on the West Coast in B.C., it's nice to see a desert shot. I really like the one of the road taking you all the way to the distant mountain. Cool perspective! I can almost picture the Roadrunner booting it up this road with the Coyote hot on his tail. Look forward to more of your pictures......Cheers..thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:37 AM   #3

Thanks thekman, maybe in a couple of months I can capture heat waves and give you an even better impression of the place!
Old Apr 9, 2005, 12:13 AM   #4

Both are reall nice shots and do give the perspective you were after. I also think the second is outstanding for the road which nearly vanishes in the distance. This gives a recognizable scale to the picture which takes it out of the ordinary.

Is Death Valley usually that green, or have the recent rains gotten the plants going strong? I would expect less color.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:57 PM   #5

All of the California deserts are exploding in growth right now. The high Mojave is a wildflower carpet thousands of miles square.

The green in these photos are is mostly new groth on Creosote bushes. Normally, they are a bit more yellow, and less vibrant.

Here is an example of what I mean about the wildflowers, this is off Highway 395 near Edwards Air Force Base: