Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:04 AM   #1

I took this picture last weekend. Thanks for viewing and comments!

Attached Images

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:32 AM   #2

Quan,

This is a case in which I think you need to help Mother nature a bit if you wish to get the full impact of the sun setting. The current colors tend to make the sunset look unspectacular.

See the edit below which was done fairly quickly.I increased the red slightly, increased the contrast and saturation to try and bring out the warmth of the sunset more and then darkened the shot slightly to help with the overall look of the setting sun.

I also cropped the shot to make the horizon about a thrid of the way up rather than in the middle as in the original shot. This is to comply with the rule of thirds and gives the picture a better look.

Some of the edits aren't as effective as if they were done on the original since there was quite a bit of compression artifacts in your posted photo.

Hope this all helps.

I liked your placement of the fisherman wihtin the light rays of the setting sun on the ocean. The of the ships also created some added impact.

Wonder if you would have had the same placement of all the pieces in the photo if you waited until the sun was closer to the horizon.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:55 AM   #3

Hi Selvin,

I totally agree with your suggestions and advice that I can learn a lot from here. Yes, your edition makes the photo looks much better. However, I'll try to capture this moment againthis weekend with your proposed suggestions. I think the resizing makes the photo quality a bit decrease.

Rgds,

Quan

Quan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote