Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 8, 2005, 12:12 PM   #11
Mag

jimtfoto wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info Mag.

I'm still trying to work up the courage to take to the water with my camera. I've also been looking at small duck boats, which will offer more stability than a canoe/kayak. Also, there are camo blinds available for the duck boats. Sure you can rig one for your kayak.

cheers,

jim
Your welcome jim, a duckboat is a good idea for sure. Not as maneuverable, but definatley more stable! Thank youfor camo blind info also.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:55 PM   #12

Hello all. This is my first post here. I signed on here at Steve's Digicams recently because of a web search which brought up this thread concerning duck boats and kayaks and camoflague. But first I must say the sunset photo is really nice. It's almost surreal, I suppose because of the photoshop work alluded to, but it sure makes the shot. Nice job.

So, to get to the point, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with one-man layout duck boats, camoflaged for bird photography. I've been searching the net for what's available, and what's the most stable (who wants to dunk several thousand bucks of camera gear?). Most of my work is along the NC Outer Banks, along the sound marshes, or in the lakes of parks/preserves, like Mattamuskeet, Phelps, Pungo, etc., also in coastal NC. Depths range from a few feet to a few inches, and it seems a fisherman's float tube would require a bit more depth than, say, 6 inches, so I'm leaning heavily to a shallow draft duck boat for the most versatility and stability. Any advice along these lines would be appreciated. Perhaps this should break off into a new thread??

OBXGuide - OuterBanksGuidebook.com & NCBirds.com
OBXGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 12:14 PM   #13

OBXGuide wrote:
Quote:
Hello all. This is my first post here. I signed on here at Steve's Digicams recently because of a web search which brought up this thread concerning duck boats and kayaks and camoflague. But first I must say the sunset photo is really nice. It's almost surreal, I suppose because of the photoshop work alluded to, but it sure makes the shot. Nice job.

So, to get to the point, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with one-man layout duck boats, camoflaged for bird photography. I've been searching the net for what's available, and what's the most stable (who wants to dunk several thousand bucks of camera gear?). Most of my work is along the NC Outer Banks, along the sound marshes, or in the lakes of parks/preserves, like Mattamuskeet, Phelps, Pungo, etc., also in coastal NC. Depths range from a few feet to a few inches, and it seems a fisherman's float tube would require a bit more depth than, say, 6 inches, so I'm leaning heavily to a shallow draft duck boat for the most versatility and stability. Any advice along these lines would be appreciated. Perhaps this should break off into a new thread??

OBXGuide - OuterBanksGuidebook.com & NCBirds.com

You could probably get a good response from the wildlife forum. There are a lot of outstanding photographers posting wildlife in that forum.........cheers......thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:54 PM   #14

Outstanding colors!
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote