Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:22 AM   #1

Hi All, Kind of new to the site (and taking pics). Still in auto mode but getting more adventurous. Any comments or tips welcome.
Attached Images

PoddyMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:56 AM   #2

Very nice and dramatic. In my own "be it ever so humble opinion", it's more about the capture then anything. There is nothing wrong with auto mode. Just look at what the finished product is! How you got it there doesn't matter!

Keep clicking! Oh, and this is my day for stupid questions so here is yours.......is PoddyMullet the name of a bad hair do??:-)

Rose

mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:56 PM   #3

Hi mommy_culleton, Thanks for the response. "Less technique more yahoo" photography advice and concentrating on the finished product rather than the processhas a nice ring to me . I did notice the pic is a bit like one of my big rissotto pots though, the bigger it gets the more grainy it becomes. I was wondering if this was kinda due to "auto" being used, or because of low light levels (and would have happened no matter the settings) :?. Re the PoddyMullet, I've never been accused of having a hairstyle people would die for, but a PoddyMullet is also a small baitfish whcih goes well on the end of a hook. Are you up to asking for a PoddyMullet next time you get a style? The reaction might get you a good photo opportunity.
PoddyMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 1:35 PM   #4

Hi,

Photographing in low light with auto often brings probs -like graininess due to underexposure or high ISO... It sometimes feels tempting never to photograph anything with less than the noonday sun overhead! In tough conditions manual overides are nice.

Glad to hear you're a risotto fan.

Caroline.

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote