Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Aug 19, 2005, 5:09 PM   #1

I cropped it this way because the sky was pretty much blown-out.I have a lot of problems with sky exposures,
Andrew
Attached Images

shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2005, 5:10 AM   #2

shaggydoo wrote:
Quote:
I cropped it this way because the sky was pretty much blown-out.I have a lot of problems with sky exposures
I think we all have problems with blown out skies

I like this picture, did you consider taking it as a multi-image panorama (without the sky obviously!) ? It's a technique that can work quite well for scenes like these.

Possibly I would have liked to have seen a little more of the water and the tree's reflection though - but that assumes that there is actually something more to see :lol:

Keep them coming,

Regards, John.

John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 8:09 AM   #3

I would have liked to have left more of the stream in the image but the rocks were over-exposed and nasty looking.I think I should have waited until early evening instead of early afternoon to take this shot perhaps avoiding this problem.Also,I could have reduced the shutter-speed and got a more interesting look to the stream.Thanks for your input,John.

shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:42 AM   #4

shaggydoo wrote:
Quote:
I would have liked to have left more of the stream in the image but the rocks were over-exposed and nasty looking.I think I should have waited until early evening instead of early afternoon to take this shot perhaps avoiding this problem.Also,I could have reduced the shutter-speed and got a more interesting look to the stream.Thanks for your input,John.
Yeah, over-exposure is a real problem, especially if the rocks have any shiny bits in them. I don't know what it's like where you are, but all the rocks around here are granite - on dull days they can look really dull - but on bright days all the quartz and other crystals in the rock shine way too bright and burn out in the image All you can really do is keep taking shots on the assumption that some of them will work eventually!

It does look like you've found a nice spot there though... John.

John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote