Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:45 AM   #11

No doubt the third are the best. I have planned to go to my antipodes(New Zealand) and one of my stops will be Australia. I will take thousands of pictures of that beautiful country.
belibeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 6:42 AM   #12

#3 for me too. Here the color and texture of the grass compliment the shot rather than fight it like the other thread with the course grass. Keep posting shots like this and you'll get alot of positive feedback and reuests for advice (from me).

Ted
TBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:09 AM   #13

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Like most of you, number is also my best.

When I posted these photos, I had such a great time that all my photos seemed nice to me. Now, two months later and looking objectively, I probably would only have posted 1 and 3.

Maybe I should always wait awhile before posting :idea:
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:46 AM   #14
VP

Wellll..... I likethem all. But Isuppose I must be different in the ways that a photo appeals to me. In this case (as always), I ammore interested indetail and clarity/sharpness. I love seeing scenes from Africa..... the landscapes and wildlife that I have yet to see for myself. The vastness and magnitude, along with the geology and native plants and other vegetation capture my interests more than the technicals as long as the photos are of interestingsubjects (of course) and in focus.

So, my favorites are actually #2 (minus the road?) and # 5.

Keep 'em coming.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:57 AM   #15

Thanks VP. I inluded "the road", because it actually captured my attention when I was there. It isn't actually a road, as it is only about 1km long - my guess is that its a landing strip, but it isn't flat either so who knows. See the little black spec on the road - that is a cow.

Excuse my ignorance VP, does Tx stand for Texas in your case?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:22 AM   #16
VP

John... I understand about the road. I knowsome folks don't want anything that appears to be man made toshow in their photos. But as with you, sometimes certain man made activities create interest.....shows dimension maybe?

And yes, I did notice that little black speck and wondered what it was. Have to admit I did not see it the first couple of times I looked at the photo

No ignorance on your part.....TXis the state abbreviation for Texas. I need to make another trip tosouth and southwest Texas,very scenic areas there and also more diverse wildlife in those areas.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:27 AM   #17

VP - you definately must - some of the landscapes I've seen that have come out of the area are mind blowing, I look forward to them.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:36 AM   #18

You have to try a night river walk photo in San Antonio. I remenber it is a beautiful place to do it.
belibeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:41 AM   #19

Love the 3rd one. Great shot.
goldtop1122 is offline   Reply With Quote