Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:50 PM   #1

I spent a very pleasant day out over the weekend in the Brecon national park area of Wales. Our particular interest for the day was to be waterfalls (that and trying not to tumble down near vertical rock faces with a ton of camera gear).

Anyway, this is the first of the better images I got during ther day. This particular fall is about 35ft high and the rock 'step' is entirely natural.

Following on from the previous shot, a canoodling couple were snapping away on phone cameras so I offered them a shot together on my real camera Anyway, it's basically the same shot but zoomed into 31mm. Unfortunately the light wasn't quite as nice in this shot but the couple were very happy with the end result (didn't buy a print, but hey!).

Shot on a Nikon D70s, 18-70mm kit lens, F22 (1st) F25 (2nd), 1/6 (1st) 1/13 second (2nd), raw format. Post processing consisted of minor colour temperature change and a bit of a contrast curve with USM. Saturation up a bit too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2005, 4:37 AM   #2

Very nice, must be 15 years or more since I've been around there, did you get down to fall that you can walk behind? Now that one is fun. :-)

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote