Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Nov 4, 2005, 11:36 PM   #1
Super Moderator

here are a few for your (hopefully) enjoyment... comments always welcome!!

---------
dustin

http://www.hardwickphotos.com
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:54 AM   #2

very nice composition on the first one, though it seems a bit soft. # 2 looks like you really pushed the saturation too much. #3 is the most natural looking - very nice color, sharp and clear. the last 3 are all good shots, but again, a bitover saturated, and would look better if you could clone out the cars... the last one, though, is an excellent composition. lose the cars, tone down the red a bit, and frame that one on your wall!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 3:17 AM   #3

Hi Dustin! I very much enjoy looking at your work, reading your posts and picking up pointers, as I feel you are one of the most skilled photographers in these forums. I also love #3!! It should be in a country magazine or on a calendar! I hope you will post more in this forum! If you get the chance, please check out my online albums but bear in mind I have only been at this a couple of years.

http://bobhammitt.myphotoalbum.com

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 5:45 PM   #4
Super Moderator

squirl033- thanks for commenting! always much appreciated.. :-)

shot #1 is soft on purpose.. i was going for a soft, dreamy look to this one, with a little vignette to focus attention on the main subjecst
shot #2 is super-saturated on purpose as well- this i did before adding a blur/highpass layer followed by a lighten/blur layer to give it a soft dreamlike appearance..
the others- ok, i was going for a saturated look since it was fall, but i appreciate that you prefer them a little more "natural".. the cars i have been back and forth over... on one hand i hate them, on the other they give the shot some context and give it a kind of "still find beauty" in our modern world kind of feel..
thanks again!

bhammitt-
thanks for the kind words man! i am glad that you have enjoyed my work and have learned something from my posts.. it makes the time i put into it worth it 100% for me.. so i thank you much.. i will be sure to check out your website when i get a few minutes and will leave you some comments on it or through a private message..

thanks again to you both!

--------
dustin

wwwhardwickphotos.com
Old Nov 6, 2005, 4:59 AM   #5

There are some great shots there!

I love #1, maybe a bit soft for me too, but I see where you're coming from.
I like the composition on #2 the best of all of them probably, but way oversaturated for me, sorry, at least on my monitor in the main red tree all the leaves blend into one big red blob.
But #3 gets the vote for me as best all round.

BTW, please don't take the criticisms too hard: I'm being hyper-critical and overly hard here! These are very good either which way.

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 4:27 PM   #6
Super Moderator

thanks john

i appreciate the comments.. be as critical as you would like.. its the only way any of us reading this can learn!

on #2 i have blurred it anyways, so i was not concerned if they kind of came together as one big blob.. but i can see where someone may not be overly fond of it..

-dustin
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:12 PM   #7

Hey Dustin,

What Awesome photos you display. I don't know the right words to use but I think youtake FANTASTIC pictures.

divertwo

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:35 PM   #8

Hi Dustin,

As divertwo say, those photo are FANTASTIC.
I like #1, it almost looks unreal , look at the cloud and the tree, I only can say WOW
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:00 PM   #9
Super Moderator

divertwo and armadillo.

thank you both for your comments, they are very much appreciated.. i am so glad you enjoyed the photos!!

best wishes,
dustin
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:17 AM   #10

Hi Dustin,I think all your photos work in their own way.There's something for everyone here!All nicely done:-)
Andrew
shaggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote