Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:02 PM   #1

I found this place this past weekend and thought I'd share it. I have been working on this photo off and on since then. I'm not sure I like the sky, it was pretty dismal when I took the shot, I may go back on a sunny day with big poofy clouds and convert to b/w and see what I get.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; May 9, 2009 at 6:50 AM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:56 PM   #2

interesting place, Bob.has a foreboding, lonely look to it.i thinkif you could get a bit closer (if possible) and shoot the tower at a more upward angle. it'd make the tower look more imposing and ominous against the sky, which might offset the relatively flat, featureless clouds.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:05 PM   #3

Thanks squirl! I will give that a try, I hope to return this weekend. I am sure I can get much closer, I hope the weather will cooperate.

Bob
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:42 PM   #4

Nice photo. I like the way the horizon is so low relative to the foreground that it gives the feeling of being at a high altitude. I agree that the sky could be better. If it was my photo, I'd take clouds from some other photo and fill in that highlight.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:05 AM   #5

Looks an interesting place, there's certainly lots more to come from that location I feel, especially if you can get a better sky, or maybe one of your trademark sunsets behind it?

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:41 AM   #6

Thanks Corpsy and John! I will have another go at this, I do think that there are more photos hiding around the place.

Bob
Old Jan 26, 2006, 9:14 AM   #7

Exquisite photo...

The "silence" of its past history "speaks" volumes.

If it is appropriate, may I respectfully suggest you speak with an octogenerian in your area. They may have more information on it and perhaps some vintage photos of its prime that they would allow you to scan. :idea:
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:59 AM   #8

Don't change a thing. Ireally likepictures of old buildings like this, and you captured this one perfectly. I'd love to have this hanging on my wall.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 12:56 PM   #9

the building and logs look great in b+w if ur going back can i just make a simple suggestion, crouch down ! that way u may just loosed the tops of the trees and the log pile may look a little bigger, thats what id do :-)
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 3:00 PM   #10

Thanks folks!! This photo was just a quick shot taken while my truck was parked in the road, I will get serious next visit and fill my memory card with shots from many different perspectives. Digcamfan, I'll see what I can find out about the history of this old relic. Thanks again to everyone for looking and commenting!

Bob