Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:52 AM   #11

Jaki :- Photoshop is what I have but as stated (although over 50) I am a novice, I also have the Spyder caibration tool but again maybe I have done wrong when using so i will go over it again.

I must admit what does concern me is that when you manipulate a photograph a lot of people seem to pick up on the OVER SATURATED theme, I tend to try and use Levels rather than curves but reading through the replys it seems that Curves is a better option am I corect on this?

Again, Thank You for all the help.

russellsnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:36 PM   #12

Russel,

Photoshop is one of the best software around. The use of it comes with practice. I use to suffer exactly from the same condition - that I would overdo the processing. The consolation you have is that it can be done and it comes with practices. This is something you will have to teach yourself - to be able to maintain the balance between what looks like a natural shot and one that is over processed.

Also, it not cheating or a bad thing to use post processing. So don't be afraid to try it out. Someone told me that even the professionals use it. It can make a difference. From my experience, I think that is true but of course try to do the best with the camera before post processing. Keep posting, I will keep looking and we can help each other out. I post mostly on the Critique and Teachniques forum. There you will get lots of help too. Kind regards. Jaki.
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote