Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 4, 2006, 12:42 PM   #1

Back to reality, I was getting used to 50 degree winter weather. I made it to town this morning and got a few photos from the park.

Bob H.

Last edited by bhammitt; May 9, 2009 at 6:50 AM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:35 AM   #2

Bob, that's a great looking shot! Sure does look cold though!

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 5:04 AM   #3

Thank you John! We had the warmest January in the last 120 years according to the weatherman, that has changed now. I do wish I could have avoided those branches on the right of the photo but I would have fallen in the water if I had moved any further to my left and they are beyond my ability to clone away. I guess I could go back at night with my chain saw, hehe! Here is a attempt to find a better way to present this photo.

Bob

Old Feb 5, 2006, 6:53 AM   #4

Mornin', Bob

This is another stunner from you.:-)

I love the way you have captured the "snow dusting" on both structure and flora.

It gives the feeling of time suspended, also of a bygone era.

It also makes this viewer curious....where were you standing? :-)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:01 AM   #5

Thank you digcamfan! I showed this to a friend and they made the comment that you couldn't tell if it was 1906 or 2006, the creek comes over the dam and makes a sharp bend to the left, I was standing on the right bank almost in the water to get this.

Bob
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:08 AM   #6
VP

That is a nice composition Bob.B&W was probably the bestway to present the scene before you. Nicely done!
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 7:14 AM   #7

Thanks VP! I love winter photos in b/w, just something about them that makes me nostalgic.

Bob
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:38 PM   #8

Bob, I see what you mean about those trees, but to be honest I hadn't noticed them until you mentioned them, so I wouldn't worry about them too much! I agree with digcamfan, this could have been taken 100 years ago easily, kind of timeless I guess :-)

BTW, I'm not sure about your new border: it looks a little too pale for the picture to me, maybe a bit more cream coloured?

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:47 PM   #9

Bob, this is a very impressive image, and I see what you mean about those branches, I think they screw up the symmetry of the image.

I hate to see such a nice image with a distracting flaw like that, so if you want, you can make a 100% crop of that corner of the image, save it as a very high quality JPG (up to 512k), upload it to http://xs.to/ and give me the link, and I'll go ahead and clone those things out for you. You can also provide a smaller image with the branches highlighted if you want to be sure I get it just the way you want it.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:06 PM   #10

Thanks John and Corpsy! I will give a look to a creamier border or darker print, here is edit that I made cloning out the branches, I have deleted the images off my memory card and only have these low res images to work with, if you would like to have a go at removing the branches please use one of these images. I am planning on reshooting this scene next snow.

Bob H.