Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:46 AM   #21

The Knob, Cape Cod, MA

vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 2:27 PM   #22

Hi There

I wanted to share two posters that I have created so far from some members who have been kind enough to allow me to use their photos. They are being printed next wek. I am attaching a zipped file of the final versions,to give you an idea how your best landscape may look matched with a famous quote.

I hope when you see them you might consider sending me some of your best landscapes. Thanks a million to squirrel033 and pj1974 and the others whoIam still working on. If you would like to continue contributing please post your photos here or send to jim1brown@ntlworld.com . To enlarge they must be of a high quality as originals. I will soon post some of my photos here, though i douby i will match your high standards.

thanks Jim

ps having trouble uploading a zip file. also when trying to login it doesnt allow me so I have created a new user name and activated it. jim2brown. It seems that there is a problem with my internet settings suddenly. Perhaps my son.!!! i will try and upload these later.
jim2brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:47 PM   #23

Hi Jim, and Hi all!

I'm glad to know that the landscape photos we squirrl033 and I posted could be of use to you!

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with logging in and uploading the zipfile. I'm sure people on this forum would like to see it in time! (hope your son will be able to help you out with this!)

So I encourage many of you with great landscape photos to send to Jim as he asks (full size to Jim's email, and post a web size one here for our viewing!!)

All the best

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:50 AM   #24

Hi Everyone

I have sorted out the gremlins, so I will be attaching 3 posters that I have matched with quotes. I hope you will be encouraged to send me some more. Thank you to everyone that has sent a photo. I am still working on some others.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Posters PERSEVERANCE.zip (81.0 KB, 58 views)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:51 AM   #25

Another one...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Posters VISION.zip (135.9 KB, 103 views)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:54 AM   #26

And finally I have created a poster for the panorama of Iceland that everyone likes. This will give you an idea how a poster might look. I know there are some other great landscapes out there...I just hope this encourages you to send them.

Thanks Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip reflection.zip (214.1 KB, 62 views)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:54 AM   #27

I have combined a photo sent to me by vsch1with a sunset of the harbour of SIDE, TURKEY.

By a process of trial and error I managed to superimpose an image of geese in a V formation with my own attemt at a sunset.

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Posters Geese.zip (161.6 KB, 61 views)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:23 AM   #28

Jim,

glad these are working out for you! personally, i'm happy to contribute to the cause, knowing that perhaps my work will help inspire your students.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:05 PM   #29

Jim, thanks for sharing these posters with quotes with us, they're great!

And congrats squirl033 that your fantastic photos have been part of the cause!

Well done - good team work, and yes, I also hope the students reap the benefits!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 8:35 PM   #30

thanks for the kind words, Paul... here are a couple more i just sent. the first two are the same scene, just horizontal and vertical formats, so our friend has a choice. i thought it might be appropriate for a phrase about setting lofty goals or some such thing... the last one is just a country road in autumn, but it's the kind of shot that lends itself to all sorts of interpretations.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote