Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:20 PM   #31

squirl033, these are also very nice pix (nice is such a BAD word, right!)

A bit more descriptive... I appreciate the almost "detached" snow layer / look on the 2 mountain photos (the first one my prefered version).

The road photo... I dunno, it's "nice" - but somehow I feel the trees on the left are too "busy" and lack structure. But the road and trees to the right of that are wonderful. Don't know if you could do a crop... but then again this isn't critiques forum is it?!

Well done, keep sharing! You and your camera make a good team!

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:51 PM   #32

thanks, Paul...

i know the leaves area but "busy" in that road shot, but darn it, i just had to get that color in! :lol: i know it's not the best shot i've ever taken, but it's also one that could lend itself well to all manner of sayings, so i thought i'd toss it out there and see if Jim was interested. :G

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 6:13 AM   #33

Squirl033, I appreciate your dilemma, wanting that nice burst of colour... even if the leaves are a bit busy.... I guess a lot of photography involves a "non perfect" situation, but it's up to us to try to capture it with some sort of perspective and balance.

Good idea of yours anyway to put it out for Jim's consideration. Speaking of such things... this photo of mine might not be purely a "landscape"... however it does contain some (Tasmanian) landscape in the background... maybe it's one of those photos Jim can use?

So, Jim... what say ye?

All the best to all of you

Paul!

Attached Images

Old Feb 27, 2006, 11:28 AM   #34

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the continued support. Iam posting a message to thank those people who submitted their work and allowed me to create the posters to use in my classroom. Unfortunately there were only 3 people who sent work to me. I have chosen the one's with the best quality (when enlarged) and those which match quotes. The posters have been printed to A1 size on ordinary paper and look excellent. I am getting them printed on photo paper (when some minor adjustments are made) and have been given permission to order 10 x A1 frames to mount them. Therefore a little encouragement from me and a lot of your expertise in photography has permitted the boss to open the purse strings.

So far i have usedone from vsch1one from pj1974and 2 from squirl033
(but may also use the snow capped Mountain one). I think there are some excellent ones in this landscape category but unfortunately some people have yet to submit them. Of course I accept that and there is no problem but as one final attempt...

Before I close the topic Imay contact some people directly and ask them "one to one" if they would like to submit their images. Perhaps they need a little encouragement!? ButI need to get back to whatI am paid for and as time is marching onI must run with what I have got. So there is room for 5/6 more images to get framed if anyone is finally interested.

This is a personal thank you to those people who were generous enough with their work. I am now looking 2 posters from squirl033( the sample ones which are A1 size but only printed on ordinary paper) simply pinned to the wall and they look excellent.A lotof people in the college have commented positively already. I will take a photo to showeveryone what they look like at the moment (ie even without frames.

Thanks a million

Jim
Attached Images

jim1brown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:15 PM   #35

Jim, a quick one.... (so people will still read YOUR message prior to this one of mine..)

Great to see how the photos are being used! Well done, thanks for sharing the photo showing squirl033's photos in use. I look forward to seeing how the other ones look up on display. I hope other people might still contribute in time. All the best,

Paul
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:31 PM   #36

Jim,

glad to be of assistance, and happy that my photoslook goodeven printedat A1 size! i'm sure your classroom will be a very colorful and inspirational place, if you can get a few more photos to work with!

best regards,

Rocky

Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:48 PM   #37

just thought i'd bump this one back up, Jim... how's it working out? any more responses? how do the final prints look?