Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 3, 2006, 4:30 AM   #1
E.T

Taken with KM A2 at 28mm +0.8x wide converter. (~22.5mm)
Absolutely best sunset I've seen in time I've had camera... actually there was slight reddish color in clouds even in opposite direction.

E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:54 PM   #2
VP

Very colorful indeed! Along with a pretty decent vantage point.I really enjoy sunsets AND sunrises just to look atand be amazed as they unfold.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 4:53 AM   #3
E.T

Sunsets are just even more annoying targets than thunderstorms... at least thunderstorms last at least more than ten-fifteen minutes while this one weakened lot in few minutes and was almost completely gone in five minutes.

Then having place with good visibility isn't available commonly here, 70% of land area is covered by forests...
You don't have much of that problem there. (So have you any supercell photos?)

But here's one with both thunderstorm and sunset in same shot.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 5:10 PM   #4
VP

Yes, I know what you mean, sunsets with best colors are gone rather quickly. When I have time I get some pretty good chances in this area. Although around here my view is often blocked by many trees.

I don't have any supercell pics although I meant to try for some last spring.....just never had the free time.The thought of getting caught in some of the softball sized hail that comes along with someof those storms is pretty daunting.

Here is one you might like that I posted once before. This stormproduced tornadic activity about 50 miles south of me about 30 minutes after I took this.
Attached Images

VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:38 AM   #5
E.T

VP wrote:
Quote:
The thought of getting caught in some of the softball sized hail that comes along with someĀ*of those storms is pretty daunting.
Well... one inch hails make really funny sound when hitting to car. :G
This video is really beautiful to watch.

And no need for supercell, in June 2000 one storm whacked dozen cars in highway while still getting stronger, in village where it hit next, dropping some 2 inch ice cubes, it broke windows, made roofs dented etc... two months ago I actually met someone who was in worst (or best) observing position. He managed to get car under the roof just in time, other cars there got damaged. Also apple tree trunks still show signs of that "stoning".
I observed that storm for three hours... cloud bottom turbulence was best I've seen, like boiling water. Here it dropped only half inch hails but vegetation looked little beaten for week. (worst/best hit was ~5 miles away)
That storm would have surely looked amazing from airplane, or from satellite like this one (little right from down center, one with big overshooting top) which rolled directly over in last June.

But here biggest threat would be getting tree to your face like storm damage photos here show:
http://www.helsinki.fi/~ajpunkka/galleria.htm