Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:30 AM   #1

This picture of Mount Hamilton in San Jose (south SF Bay Area) was taken about a week ago. We expect more snow at <2,000 feet this weekend!!!
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:44 AM   #2

Lovely photo.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:07 PM   #3

Thanks, Ladyhawk.
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:57 PM   #4

Nice Shot Tullio,

I live at the base of Diablo. I did not get any shots of it with snow but they say we may get some more this weekend. I am off to Yosemite again if all goes well. I love this time of year when the hills all turn so green.

Bill
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:25 PM   #5

Thanks, Bill. We are supposed to get more snow in the next couple of days. You are going to miss it!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:21 AM   #6

Three groups of smooth hills, differing in colors, are rising one over another, inducing one to go on climbing:-)
I wonder if it could be any better if the radar(?) at the top of the hill were not centered?
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:08 AM   #7

Hi bahadir, at the top of Mount Hamilton sits the Mt. Hamilton Observatory with one of the largest telescopes in the world. Looking at the picture, I don't see it centered, both horizontally or vertically. Te observatory is above themiddle and slightly toward the left. Because we don't usually get that much snow in the Bay Area, when we do it's pretty much at the very top of the highest mountains. Thus, if I moved the camera too much to the left or to the right, I'd miss the snow altogether.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:41 AM   #8

Yes, you are right Tullio, the observatory(thanks for your reminding for I have almost forgotten about this significant edifice)does not mathematically stand at the center of your photo, which I realised upon your note and feel astonished to discover this. Nevertheless, I'd say, it is not spot but center weighted one!!!:-)
This is kind of thing which I encounter mostly in the pictures I shoot while trekking. Sth hard to tell... Before I set off I know that I will be passing by a significant edifice and shoot it. Despite the beautiful results which I share with people, there's always sth left to reveal about the mountain and the route itself as if everything else works for the edifice, the target high above. Believe me, I haven't solved this issue on my account and still suffering. :sad:
I know that this is not Critiques forum. Well, mine is a subjective evaluation, as it shoul be, of course, about your photo 'Mount Hamilton'(probably be put differently if it were entitled Mount Hamilton Observatory, due to my expectation) , and I hope that you don't mind :-)
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:15 AM   #9

Hi bahadir, yours (and everyone else's comments and critiques) are always very welcome. I like to hear what people have to say about my work. I believe that's one of the best ways to improve the quality of it. So, please keep those comments coming because I appreciate them.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:05 PM   #10

Oh, please Tullio,there's no question of that. I am equally delighted to hear your counter argument as much as words of agreement. In short, what about my previous post??:G