Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:12 AM   #1

I have bought Canon eos350d and went to try this new toy of mine.

Ussually I do portrait photos but now with new camera want to try something different.

Those are my first photos with camera and first landscape photos.

Please be so kind to comment-critique or suggest for my improvement.

what about saturation and exposure????? How I did

There where you see water it was always a plain field but melting of snow made this year a lake..that is why I took the last 2 photos...

Zak

Attached Images

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:14 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2006, 8:16 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:26 AM   #4

I like the last one best. Just curious, what lens are you using? The kit lens (18-55mm)?
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 11:42 AM   #5

Yeas, you are right...kit lens.....

Comparing to some photos among this landscape forum I'm starting to think that my photos are too bright, or with low saturation......????????? am I right?????:?

Zak
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:01 PM   #6

I'm a complete newbie to photography so asking for my recommendations isn't isn't very much. But I would be willing to offer the suggestion that you could probably benefit from a polarizer filter on the last shot. It'd bring out the hues in the sky and ground better.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:08 PM   #7

I found (your test images) to be very neat, clean from even slightest of noise and light, which I think to be very positive and therefore promising for your (near!)future works as you get used to its manuals.
I bet you'll just love it.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:08 PM   #8

Hi Zak!

Good to see some photos from you with your NEW camera! Thanks for sharing. And nice to see you posting some landscapes too (will you do some portraits with the Canon 350D?) :-)

The photos are nice, but I have to be honest, I don't find them anything outstanding. Maybe that's just a personal opinion Though you definitely have skill as a photographer, I've seen that (esp in your portraits). Just maybe I don't see things that "draw the eye in" (naturally grab attention) in each of these three. there are interestings details in each, but they have to be "searched for" (hope this makes sense).

Maybe you are right that the photos might benefit a bit from being a bit darker (less exposure)... especially as in the photos the part of the sky near the horizon seems to be almost "washed out".

The saturation of the first photo I find particularly good. I think you hit it right on there. (balance of green grass, red & white buildings and blue sky = good). The 1st photo is therefore my favourite. Your 2nd and 3rd photos both seems to lack something to catch my eye (but maybe it's just me).In the 2nd photo I like the colour / pattern of the seaweek / plant stuff in the water (and mud / colour in the water) But I didn't notice this straight away. In the 3rd one I like how the plant grows from the water.

Hope you dont' mind my honest comments (you asked for comments anyway!) I expect you're still learning lots and I look forward to more of your photos later.

All the best, and thanks for sharing!

Paul

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:01 AM   #9

Thanks for reply-ing to you all........

New camera, new trade-name from my previous and different possibilities. Still learning it's basic things.......and ofcourse I will be doing portraits but also will do some nature photos as this DSLR camera is interesent as wide angle od the lens looking good (even with my kit lens is seenable).

Those photo's aim was to show reality of the nature which are very different then regular during year. Melting of snow make interesting water fields.Not every single photo have to be so unussuall and to have the point of such interest. The natural itself should be interesting andI have to make the colors and exposition good enough to show simplity of nature in real-eye view.

That's all what I was trying to do

But in anycase your reply'sare always appriciated and welcome....thanks

Zak
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:08 AM   #10

Hi ZAKD, as Paul stated, the photos are nice but the subjects lack interest. However, I think you were not very interested in finding interesting subjects but rather to put your new toy to work and I certainly understand that. The third shot has goodpotential. The colors are nice, composition is also good but the main subject lacks punch. If you don't mind, I played withit a bit and here's my simplistic version:
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote