Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 8, 2006, 11:20 PM   #1
rey

Fort Funston is a place right off the beach in SF where people go hang-gliding. The wind wasn't right for hang gliding when I got there, but there were guys flying their RC planes.

Taken with D50 and 18-55 kit lens (This trip convinced me to get a polarizer and/or an ND filter).

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2006, 9:01 AM   #2
Log

did you use any filters to go along with these shots? or was it ps edits? (to get the beautiful blues) i was just wandering because you said this trip made you decide to get one. I wasnt sure if you had gotten one yet.sorry if this doesnt make sense, i just woke up and worked till 1 this morning
-logan
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 9:27 AM   #3

Very nice colours
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:08 AM   #4
rey

Quote:
did you use any filters to go along with these shots? or was it ps edits? (to get the beautiful blues) i was just wandering because you said this trip made you decide to get one.
I think you got it right. I did NOT use any filters. It made me decide to get a couple since the sky pictures taken toward the sun (ie towards the water) was washed out, while the once pointed away wasn't.

I purposely underexposed the image (I usually do this on sky shots) and then brighten them up, and add back the saturation on PP. I have PS Elements 2 but I was lazy, so I just used Google's Picasa 2 for these.

Here's a copy of the original and Picasa'd:

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:44 AM   #5

I particularly like the photos of the SF coast. Very nice. Ain't Picasa great? It does not have all the bells and whistles of PS but it's a good quick fixer for sure.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote