Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:13 AM   #1

I travelled to Adelaide for work a couple of weeks ago and stayed at Glenelg, a trendy beachside suburb. At the end of the working day I managed to grab some last light photos.

Ollie
Attached Images

Ollie@Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:14 AM   #2

Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:15 AM   #3

Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:16 AM   #4

Attached Images

Old Apr 11, 2006, 1:55 PM   #5

Hi Ollie,

I especially appreciate your photos as I'm originally from Australia. Never been to Adelaide, but it looks a fairly nice place. Would like to visit sometime.

About your photos, I like the shadows and composition of the first 1, ithas that relaxedwarm evening feel about it, and makes me want to explore the streets there. Just one little thing... I like it except the dark straight shadow (I think it is) on the left going away from the left palm tree is a bit "unnatural / unbalanced" and seems distracting to me.

2nd photo is my least favourite. Sun is overexposed and thus blown highlights, which detracts from the rest of the pic. But hard to get right (or impossible almost without a lot of fiddling / multiple exposures, etc).

Like the third one. I might have tried to line up the first lamp post closer and the rest of the lamp posts a bit closer together, but maybe you're right how you did....

The 4th one (anchor) is also way cool, I like the maritime feel of it. Just one small criticism / change I might suggest, is maybe to have put the lamp post to the LEFT of the anchor (using rule of thirds) otherwise at first glance it can look like the lamp is part of the anchor... But still it's a great photo, colours are lovely. (hope you don't mind my comments... it's not really the critiques forum I realise)!

Still thanks for sharing and I'd be happy if I took these photos.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 2:21 PM   #6

HI Ollie.....

Really nice shots there.........I like the first and 2nd one..........

composition is also good shadow and sunlight creates a mood for the dirst image.......

One question here how did u get these white background for picture I am using corel photo paint and photoshop........can u let me know .....

Thanx.

Abhi.
now_abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 4:15 PM   #7

Hi Ollie great shots mate. I remember staying there a long time ago when I was on the amateur golf circuit. You captured it well and tt was nice to make a little trip down memory lane.

Jetty shots are nice.
Mountain Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:01 PM   #8

Thanks for the constructive comments everyone. Bit of an Aussie photo mafia developing in this forum.... :G

Abhi, I make the image borders in Photoshop by using the Image -> Canvas Size menu. Just type in some new expanded dimensions of your image in the menu and it will create a blank canvas around the edges of your photo. I tend to tick the "relative" box in this menu, then increase the canvas size by about 5 to 10%.

Cheers,
Ollie

Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:59 PM   #9

Very nice shots, Ollie. The first one is quite appealing due to its warm, inviting atmosphere . Yet, I'd especially favour the third one. There's much it suggests, and thus, bringing the observer's mind somewhere else, it has an artistic quality.
To me, it looks like a bridge across forever..
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:08 PM   #10

Hi Ollie, very nice series of photos!! I love 3 and 4, and I think bahadir's description of 3 is a excellent title of this shot.

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote