Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:15 AM   #1
rey

Taken last week during a short break from the rain. I rushed out there to get these shots right before sunset. Actually it was more like a crawl, since I hit after-work traffic. It was hard to compose the shots since I had to stay on the main road behind the fence, but I did my best.

D50 with 18-55 kit lens and monopad. I have Picasa2 to thank for the colors.

Enjoy!

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2006, 3:27 AM   #2

I think the third shot would be excellent if it were during the day and you could get a blue sky complimented by the lush green gras. Just a thought.
Justin Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 5:05 AM   #3

I agree with Justin: #3 has the best composition, but could use some better lighting: of course sometimes you have to take what you can get!

John.
John Maddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:45 PM   #4

Nice set, rey. Getting a shot of blue sky in the Bay Area is becoming challenging these days!!! Nice day today, though (and beautiful, warm night!!!).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:40 AM   #5
rey

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Nice set, rey. Getting a shot of blue sky in the Bay Area is becoming challenging these days!!! Nice day today, though (and beautiful, warm night!!!).
Yeah, today was really nice, so nice that I couldn't resist going out to catch the sunset. It's also fullmoon, but after taking 20+ shots of the moon, there were no keepers. I just can't meter the darn thing, and my cheapo tripod can't stabilize my 70-300G lens.

The shots below were taken in Vallejo, right off I-80 freeway. The first two are as-is with no post processing other than re-size. The last two had longer shutter time (1 and 4 seconds), so I had to darken them a little in Picasa2. (I don't have any filters yet, and I think a 3-stop ND filter would have helped).

D50 with 18-55 kit lens.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:29 AM   #6

The colors on the firstthree sunset picturesare pretty but I really like the effects on the last one. Great job, rey!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote