Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Landscape Photos

Old May 9, 2006, 1:51 AM   #1

This is one of those pictures where, once you see the image, you can no longer separate the image from the real thing. This big rock is theSleeping Indian Rock (profile of a sleeping Indian). The pointy dark brownrock (middle right)is the tip of the Indian's nose. Coming down is his upper lip. A small crack in the rock forms his mouth (closed) and then hischin all the way down to where the rock meets the grass. Up from the tip of his nose comes his forehead and top of his head. A black dot marks his eye (closed). His hair comes down the side of his face and his cheek is marked by a large roundmossy green area. Hope you can see it!
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2006, 4:49 AM   #2

Such a beautiful view, Tullio.
I suspect you also shot a few more photos from the top of the rock!! You did not, did you?
The Sleeping Indian figure you've pointed reminds me of an old favourite song of mine: 'Bury me not on the lone prarie'..
Btw, I must say I feel amazed by the variety of sleeping Indian figures featuring the landscape in the States.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 12:00 PM   #3

Thanks for your comments, Bahadir. No, I did not climb on top of that rock. Native Indian is big here in the US (perhaps as a result of what was done to them). In the past month I've visited two Indian Villages (my son is learning about native Indians in schooland seeing it live helps the learning process). They are pretty interesting and their history is even more so!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote