Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:49 PM   #1

My Dad at 22....looking forward to a long and happy life (he wasn't married yet). Photoshop is a wonderful thing.

63 years later, unable to remember his life (Alzheimer's sucks & should be abolished)!

Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2006, 3:09 AM   #2

Hello Kalypso! Your dadwas quite a handsome young man, very sharp looking sailor! Looking at both photos for quite a while it seems that his eyes speak volumes. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and all of those who have to watch what Alzheimers does. Most younger people don't realize how much we owe to your dad and the other men and women of his generation!

bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 7:25 PM   #3

How sad! I am sorry your Dad is having such a time. I hope he will improve with some of the medicines they are working on now.

What a fine looking Sailor your Dad was. Is the uniform a Chief's uniform? I can't make out the insignia on his rating badge. Looks like a Machinist Mate.....but the M & D on either side of the Ship's Screw/Propeller on the badge is different than the ones I saw when I was in the Navy.

Do you remember what his rating was?

All the very best to you and all your Family.

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 12:13 AM   #4

Many thanks to all...he was a machinist on a PT boat in the Pacific Islands. He later came back, earned a degree in engineering from the University of Tennessee & was the Deputy Chief of the Test Lab for the Space Station here in Huntsville.

I remember when he bought the 1st Radio Shack PC out & wrote a program on it for quickly paying off interest loans...today, he can't even read a book.