Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old May 7, 2008, 10:36 AM   #1

Took this shot of my daughter yesterday with my new Canon 50mm 1.8 lens. It is a great little lens for the money (under $100 US). I was taking some headshots and close ups, then she decided that it was time to run....so she did.

She was a little out of optimal range for 50mm, but I still like the way this shot came out.

Played with the color saturation in Apple's Aperture on my Mac. Dress and Bows are the original colors.

mckamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2008, 1:48 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome to Steve's,

For a first post you have given us a good shot and a nice edit. For me the clutter of the wall, and the post on the left are distracting and not helping the shot, and a crop would not be the best balance as then she would be running out of the frame. Even with that though it is still

One thing to help out views who are not working with high res screens to try to keep posts to about 700 (ish) pixels in width otherwise people will be scrolling to see your work.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you if this is what we can expect!!

Good to have you on board,

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 3:32 PM   #3

Hi there, and welcome from me too, as Mark said there is to much clutter in the shot, and yes cropping it would make it a lot better, I think it could be a bit more sharper too, the B/W conversion is to flat for my liking, but what the hell if you like it, thats all that matters.Hope we see somemore from you.
alex james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2008, 7:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, the house distracts from the subject. It was more of a snap than a planned shot.

Here is one of the shots BEFORE she decided it was playtime.

Thanks again - this is a terrific forum!

mckamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2008, 5:55 PM   #5

Very goodintroduction indeed with your cutemodeldaring to turn her back to the beholder in a picture and thus executing a non mainstream formula: )I certainly agree with the comments above on the wall and the post,though, calling forsome cropping!

bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote