Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Member's & Family Photos

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:43 PM   #1

My brother-law, his next door neighbor and his son, along with my brother-in-law's grand children (my great nephews) sometimes go fishing around sunrise early on Sunday mornings and stay for 2 or 3 hours. So, I sometimes tag along. They fish, I take pictures. :-)

Here are a few favorites.

All photos taken with a Konica Revio KD-510z (the Konica part of the title) or a Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D (the Konica Minolta part of the title), then cropped and downsized for web viewing.

Most were taken along the banks of the Ogeechee River near Guyton, GA. It never seems to look the same there, especially the water levels (as you can see from the flooding from one fishing trip), and the range of foilage colors from changing seasons.

I'm starting to put some of them in a separate album here, where you'll find the EXIF with dates and times under each image.

These are in no particular order. All were taken in 2005 or 2006.

Early Morning Light

A River Cove (wider view later that morning):

I can think of worse ways to spend time. ;-)

The river banks had flooded over for this trip. The island you see in the middle is where the river bank normally is.

You can see the flooding more clearly in this shot. Very high water levels (but that wouldn't stop us from going). ;-)

Sometimes the early morning light is really nice. This one was taken at 6:57AM on a Sunday Morning in May last year.

Of course, the wild flowers in July can add a touch of color, too.

But, even foggy mornings in November never stop us from enjoying the river.

I've got a few more here (and I'll probably add to it as I go through some more photos from our Sunday morning trips to the river).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:59 AM   #2

I love the colors in the first two shots.:-)
HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:41 AM   #3

I'll comment only on few since there were many photos.

The last photos of the three kids caught my attention the best. The spontaneity of the moment is captured very well and the composition with the poles extending of to the left adds a nice touch.

The photos of the two gentlemen while technically well done perhaps could have been improved by showing some more of the stream etc. By taking the photo that close I sorta expected to see more of them but since you didn't show much of them I was waiting for a bit more of the background (the stream or surrounding riverbanks.)

I agree with Hokie Girl that the first two photos were quite colorful.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:08 PM   #4

Hi JimC!

It's nice to see a moderator posting some of his photos. Well done! I particularly like 2 photos.... the 2nd one (nice reflection & colours!) and the photo of the two "fishermen" (sitting in their chairs, as I observe, they look very relaxed!) :roll: That's what fishing is for, right!

In both cases (these 2 photos) I think they might have gained a bit if you didn't zoom so much (or took a few steps back).

Thanks again!

pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 6:44 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments.

I added 3 more photos taken yesterday morning to my "Fishing" album. But, unless you recognize the fishing line in two of them, you probably wouldn't know they were from a fishing trip. :-)

I decided to tag along for another fishing trip and wanted to see how well a lens would do at wide open apertures.

They're the last 3 in the album (all taken with a Minolta 100mm f/2, wide open at f/2).

We went to a nearby pond instead of the Ogeechee River for this Sunday morning trip.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 9:32 AM   #6

Thanks for sharing Jim, makes me want to visit with my fishing rods and camera. I like the early morning mist over the waters, and by the way, Cool rod stands. Have a great day.

LT7 is offline   Reply With Quote