Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 28, 2003, 1:05 PM   #1
Default Data Recovery for CF

I purchased my first digital camera about three weeks ago. Last week I got a corrupted data error on my compact flash card while on vacation and I'm looking for information on how to recover the photos. I had about 90 photos on a 256MB card - PNY is the brand. The camera is a Canon S45. I know there are recovery services out there I can use, but was hoping to get advice on which one to use or if I can get the images myself with the help of some software. What is the likelihood of me getting them back? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
djbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2003, 2:35 PM   #2

Check out Steve's software utility section. If you're thinking of doing anything yourself, try to get an image copy of the faulty card first, if you can, via a reader. In the meantime don't write anything to or move anything off the card until you have a mirror image copy safely on your hard drive.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2003, 4:47 PM   #3

I don't know anything about PYM, but they might recover the pictures if you sent them the card... it should be under warenty after all.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2003, 6:03 PM   #4
Default Tallyn's digital recovery is great!

I recently posted about Tallyn's digital recovery service -- www.tallyns.com. I don't think they can be beat!
Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2003, 1:03 AM   #5

Yesterday evening when I tried to shoot with my A60 it showed a memory card error and all the images that I had stored in it were lost. I checked the manual which said in such cases you can try re-formatting. I tried that and when I did a format it gave me the following error ->E50. What does this mean and how do I rectify this? Also, the 16MB CF card now shows a memory of only 3.8MB. Please help me out with this problem.

Arunkumar Sivaraman
arun_junta is offline   Reply With Quote