Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Sep 27, 2006, 2:10 PM   #1

I have a Sony HDTV that has a slot on the front panel where you can insert a Memory Stick card to view pictures. All my digital cameras use SD cards, but I have a multi-card reader which willread both SD and Memory Stick cards. I copied thephotos from the SD card to the MS card and was able to view them on my monitor with no problem. However, when I inserted the MS card into the TV, I got a message saying "Card Error." I thought it might be because I had the photos in the card's root directory, not in the file set up by the camera (PANA100). So I created a directory on the card and copied the photos into that directory. Still no luck--I get the same error message. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might be able to view these photos on the TV ? I know I can use the audio/video cables that came with the camera, but I would like to be able to read them directly from the Memory Stick card.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:18 AM   #2

Try the TVWriter program found here:

Windows program to convert JPEGs after processing in Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop etc. for TV slideshow display from your digital camera or on your large-screen TV. Make your slideshow from any JPEG file - camera original or edited. Yes, what many people have said was impossible can now be done with the help of TVwriter. Take individual JPEG files or even a complete folder of JPEG files and using simple drag-and-drop convert them into a slideshow you can carry around in your pocket on aflash card, and display on any NTSC or PAL compatible TV direct from your camera!
steve is offline   Reply With Quote