Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:09 AM   #1

I have a not so old Apollo USB 5 in 1 Card Reader which seems to read up to 1G OK but freezes when I plug in a 2G Kingston Elite Pro SD Card. I have experienced som problems with the card reader recently but only since I tried to play MP3 directly from the SD Card.

The 2G SD Card reads OK in both camera and a Kingston Travel Mate SD Card Reader.

Does anyone know if there is an upper limit on some card readers.

Well, I appear to have answered my own question. Having changed USB ports (I have both v1.1 & v2 running on my PC) with no improvement & checking the device on a Laptop with again no change, I took the plunge & bought a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2 Card Reader & I can now read/write to the Kingston 2G SD Card.

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:10 PM   #2

you may just need to upgrade your card reader. The built in card reader on the front of my desktop computer won't read some of my newer, faster write speed cards. I picked up a lexar USB card reader that readsall my cards.
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:43 PM   #3

I have something of the same problem if you all can help. I wanted to 'refurbish'my HP 735 photosmart by upping the memory card to a full gig. It won't 'download' though the camera to the computer though the camera itself has no trouble writing to it at all.

I checked with HP and they said that my software won't recognize that large a card, that 256 is the limit for that camera....

She suggested that I go to Walgreens and use there reader... but frankly I like downloading at home. Is there a more general program that is going to see this specific camera, AND read a kodak 1gig card?

STrongv is offline   Reply With Quote