Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jun 18, 2003, 1:54 PM   #1
Default memory card for an s45

i know, i know, everyone asks the same question for their camera, but i am a newbie and would like to know which card is the best for a canon s45. i figure if i'm gonna spend $800, i might as well get the best kinda card.. . anyways, i've been looking at the sandisk ultra 256mb or the lexar 256mb 40x. does anyone have any advice on these or any other cards? i know i should be looking for warranties and speed, but i've been told card speeds vary with different cameras. also, if anyone could suggest a good card reader, it would be great as well. thanx all!
canons45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 18, 2003, 3:47 PM   #2
Default I have used a couple of different brands

I have used a few brands and have been most happy with the Lexar and Viking cards. Both brands have done well for me. With the camera you purchased you don't need such a high speed card because the camera does not write at those high speeds. The 12x cards will do you fine and you can spend the extra money on more megabytes.

Amazon currently has the Viking 512 MB for $89.00 after rebate which is a great deal.

Here is the link:

mrtoad is offline   Reply With Quote