Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:34 AM   #1

Hi, I currently use a 512MB Kodak sd card that has been working fine more or less until last night. I inserted the card into my computer, but it could only see about half of the photos, and all of my other photos had apparently been converted into unreadable files that were all labled with strange characters.
I then tried to use my camera to view my photos on my computer, but that didn't work either. I kept getting the same results.
Then I simply tried to view my photos on just on my camera, but those photos that didnt come up correctly on my computer didn't even show up on my camera. It was as if I had never taken them.
Finally, I reinserted my card into my computer, opened up its properties, opened up the tools menu, then the error-checking option, and clicked on "automatically fix file-system errors" (I got the idea to do this after reading through the other posts). However, this seemed to only delete ALL of my photos! I figured that I had just made a stupid mistake and unluckily lost all of my photos, but I checked the amount of space on my sd card just to make sure. Apparently it's still half full, even though neither my camera nor my computer can see/find any images at all.
What's wrong, and is it possible that my photos are hidden away somewhere and can I retrieve them? If not, how can I at least free up the rest of my space on my sd card, or should I just forget it all and buy a new one?
andy605483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links