Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:36 PM   #1
Default I have a problem with my xD Picture Cards

Greetings all,

I have a 16 MB, 32MB and a 256MB xD Card and on all on those roughly 1/4 of all the pics I put on them with my Fuji Finepix 2650 aren't viewable. I have tried opening them several differant ways and in differant viewers but they don't come out.

Usually the picture will part of the way there with part of it black space or the pic won't load at all (but it's there in preview as thumbnail).

I have not tried the cards in another camera because I don't have another xD compatable camera.

What do you guys think the problem is? It does it on all 3 of my cards. I'm thinking that it's my camera.

When the pic is reading to the card I don't press any other buttons.

JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2003, 4:55 AM   #2

If you can read the files with the camera lcd, there's likely no prob. with the card. If you mean you are getting corrupted jpegs transferred to your HD, this is likely an interface, speed issue. I had this once when I tried highlighting and copying every file on a full card. Now I do 10-20 images at a time. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2003, 12:44 PM   #3

If you are transfering from camera to computer via USB and are getting image problems afterwards the first thing I would do is try disabling your anti-virus software during transfers. This often causes problems. If this doesn't do it then you might have a USB problem in your computer or OS. Windows 98 and even 98 SE are not real great with USB, you need the newer OS's like Win Me, or XP.

Try plugging in and transfering on someone else's computer and see what happens.

But right off I would suspect a camera problem if all 3 xD cards show the same problems. It is unlikely that 3 cards are bad.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2003, 11:04 AM   #4

thanks a lot voxmagna and Steve. Digital Cameras is a new thing to me and I'm having fun while learning.

I'll try 10 photos at a time now and see if that makes a differance.

Again, thanks.

JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote