Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Apr 29, 2007, 4:06 PM   #1

hi all...

since my Sandisk CF seems to be dead, i need to purchase a replacement one. Also will take the oportunity to purcase a SD card for Wii also.

Im reading a lot of posts and comments on many foruns about fake cards, so id like to ask my fellow friends from this excellent forum if the Kingston 512Mb Compact Flash (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820160013) and the Kingston 2Gb SD card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820134445) are good reliable (non-fake)choices??

If not, could someone please recommend and affordable and yet reliablechoice from newegg.com?

Just want to add that returning a fake card to newegg is NOT an option, because i leave in South America, and it would be impossible to return it.

THanks for any help!!

PS - one important detail is that the key factor concerning the Compac Flash card for me is RELIABILITY, because i will use it on mky A70 and i mostly take pictures of my kids, so i want a reliable card that wont corrupt or lose any pics of my beloved kids!
mabhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2007, 11:53 AM   #2

did you try to format in the camera?

If Newegg sold it they will take it back... or why not?

I would look, honestly, at Amazon if you can. They will guarantee the item especially if they are the ones that sell it. Prices are different so try a Google search and put the card in the shpping cart, do that a few times and then compare. I see Ultra II almost the same price as a III sometimes.
I also use a browser called searchmash.
tommccarty is offline   Reply With Quote