Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 15, 2007, 1:51 PM   #1

I have a

Canon PowerShot S3 IS.

I received it as a gift.

I am going to use it mostly for taking pictures of my son's baseball, basketball, etc games.

My wife also wants to use the movie feature for putting together a video of the inside of homes she is selling in real-estate.

I have read that SDHC Memory cards are a good option for what I need.

Any comment on the type of memory that would be good for this type action that will not be too pricey?

sjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 23, 2007, 8:01 PM   #2

I found this on the Canon site.
click faq's on this link and then go to 10. What size or type of memory card can I use in my camera?

I'd buy a Sandisk microsd card 2GB for $40-$50

Hopefully someone else will have an opinion too.
I have the Canon Powershot A700

Issue: What size or type of memory card can I use in my camera?
Solution: Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMedia card compatiblity information.

SD / MMC Card Compatibility Information. Canon camera and camcorder models have been designed to be fully compatible with memory cards that adhere to their respective card standards. Below is a chart reflecting the standards supported by our current models. To ensure card compatibility with your camera or camcorder model, please contact the memory card manufacturer for further information and assistance in determining card compatibility.
[align=center]SD[/align] Secure Digital standard card supports capacities up to 2 GB. [align=center]SDHC[/align] Secure Digital High Capacity currently supports capacities up to 32 GB. [align=center]MMC[/align] MultiMedia Card supports capacities up to 1 GB.
crackedcam is offline   Reply With Quote