Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jul 31, 2003, 7:50 AM   #1
Default Imation or Lexar Multi-Card Reader?

Does anyone have a recommendation between the Imation FlashGO! 2.0 USB Flash Memory Card Reader/Writer and the Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card Reader? I have used the Imation reader a few times and appears to work well with most operating systems. The Imation reader also appears to be a bit smaller to carry. I have not seen the Lexar version, so I'm not sure about the size or operation. They both appear to be close in price and support the same type of media cards. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
optvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:00 AM   #2
Default Lexar multicard reader

I bought the Lexar multi card reader a few weeks ago and it hasn't failed me yet (thought I've hardly done what one would call rigorous testing).

The nice thing about this reader (I know nothing about the other you are asking about, so yes I am biased) is that it reads cf I/II, smart media, memory stick + pro, SD/MMC, and finally xD-Picture. Even though I only use SM, CF, and xD it's nice to have the option to read anything else that may come my way (my friend's camera used SD/MMC).

I purchased mine at Futureshop for $60 CDN.

Good luck!

GraphicsPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2003, 5:50 AM   #3

Perhaps I'm biased as well, because I've had to fix broken cards and help others here who have broken theirs.

The only readers I would recommend are the ones that ship with card reformat utilities e.g CFprep and SMprep and the USB2 variants. You cannot run these progs with any old reader. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote