Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 24, 2007, 4:10 PM   #1

I have an Olympus SP-320 and a 1GB XD-M Card.

When I put the card in the card reader on my computer(XP) it doesn't show the images(says not avialable) for the last 50 or so pictures taken on the card(pictures taken since the last download). The pictures taken before then and still on the card are fine and are still downloading fine.

ALL the pictures can be seen when viewing them on the camera. No problems there.

Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden(no changes on our computer) and is there anyway to get the pictures?

Thank you.
jennd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2007, 4:33 PM   #2

As long as you can view the pictures on your camera, you should be able to transfer them directly to your computer via USB. As far as the inability to view the pics on your computer (???) What do you get? A little box with an x in it? A popup window?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3

I had a same problem with xD cards and my old card reader. I had the Fuji S5200 at the time. The problem is your card reader. It appears like me your card reader can only read up to 512MB xD and once you have more than 512MB on the card it stops reading those pictures.

Two solutions -- 1.) transfer directly from the camera. 2.) Get a new card reader. I ended up getting the Olympus MAUSB-200 to reslove the problem. bhphotovideo has them in stock.Bit when I got my Fuji S9100 I got a 15-in-1 from amk Club that can read my 1GB xD and 2GB CF cards.

Hopefully this can be resloved easily for you.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote