Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 4, 2003, 9:49 AM   #1
Default IBM microdrive problem

IBM microdrive ?
Using a 1 gig IBM microdrive in a Fuji 602 and taking some priceless family photos and movies the card came up as ' not initialized " and the card reader on my xp loaded box can't read it either . Can not load via usb from camera .Can anyone help ?
bernborough2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2003, 2:09 PM   #2

If you're swapping a MD between camera and reader (I never do), carefully check the pins on the MD, the reader and the camera for any signs of damage.

I assume Smartmedia and Compact flash can be read in both the camera and the reader?

Recovery of your files seems the biggest problem, if your MD is under warranty, you could try getting it checked and files recovered. I've never done this, but the only way I know to explore the drive with utilities such as Norton, is to make it look like an IDE drive to a pc with an interface adaptor. It might work if you try a laptop pcmia adaptor. You could try one of the recovery programmes like Image Rescue- checkout Steves software section.

There are better experts than me on MD's. Do not attempt to write anything or format the drive until you've exhausted all possibilities of recovering your pics.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2003, 12:03 PM   #3

There are recovery programs for damaged disks---if you do a search here, you can find some, or perhaps someone with a more specific answer can chime in.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote