Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 13, 2003, 8:45 AM   #1
Default Sandisk ULTRA CF card error, need help!

I'm currently on vacation right now in Europe, and my memory card, the Sandisk Ultra 512MB card hits an error when I take about 150 pictures at a resolution of 1600X1200. I was lucky enough to go to a camera shop down here and transfer the photos to CD and reformat the card. But the error happened again its getting annoying. I have a Canon Powershot A70, I called their tech service and they just say to format the card and it should'nt happen again. Any suggestions?! :x
st61980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2003, 11:07 AM   #2

Well, the good news is that the Sandisk Ultra has a lifetime warranty. The downside is that since you are on vacation, you don't have the time to mail it to them and get it replaced.

I hate to say this, but I would seriously consider buying another card. Having two isn't a bad thing any ways and then I'd be prepared to send it back to them under the warranty.

You could try doing a complete low level format of the hard and try to get it to rewrite the bad block map. There is risk doing this, as I believe you’d have to do it from a computer not in the camera (and therefor you could make the entire card unusable.)

Others here have suggested how to do this, so you might want to search around a bit. Or maybe they’ll see the message and post something here.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote