Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Aug 2, 2007, 6:49 PM   #1

I'm wondering about a function of Canon S3 that bugs me a lot; the connectivity of this camera. I owned three Fujifilm before my Canon and I really loved the easy way to set communications with these cameras. The PC consider them as USB drives. You can upload and download from the camera to the PC and reversely easily and fast. I am on Windows 2000

With the Canon, communicating through Canon Zoom Browser, what a hassle! You can upload your pics and movies from the camera to the PC… but you can't download back your movies from the PC to the SD card of the camera, while you don't have this problem with the stills Why? No idea and no way to fix this functionning way, because the Zoom Browser program says you can't download back a movie on the camera, it is not a technical bug. It appears too the PC doesn't detect the camera when it is plugged through a USB port, which forces you to use the Zoom Browser program to upload all the files from the camera. Of course, Fujifilm provides its own program to perform the same tasks, but you can pass through Windows Explorer for copying and moving files. Should it be because it is controlled through a TWAIN driver?

The question is : DOES CANON OR SOMEONE ELSE SUPPLIES A SOFTWARE TO CORRECT THIS SITUATION or am I stuck with it and that's it that's all?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Moe 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:58 PM   #2

Try using a card reader instead.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2007, 12:33 PM   #3

I connected an A640 to my PC today. When the canon transfer util popped up, I closed and opened the drive on my PC that the camera mounted. You may want to try this yourself.

The only reason I'm connecting my A640 to the PC is because of the SD cards slot is in the battery compartment. Otherwise, I'd be putting the card in my media card reader.
coppertrail is offline   Reply With Quote