Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Dec 2, 2007, 3:16 AM   #1

What is the maximum capacity SD card that the Casio Exilim EX-Z750 can use ?

Also, can it take a 4GB SDHC memory card ? The specs on this site say that it takes only a MultiMedia Card (MMC) or a SD Memory Card, but the salesman at BestBuy told me that it can also take an SDHC card, provided I upgraded the firmware. Is that correct ?

vik7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2007, 6:04 AM   #2

I can't find anything that leads me to believe that this model will work with SDHC, and I found posts from users saying that it did *not* work with their larger SDHC cards.

As for firmware upgrades, the information about them on Casio's web site does *not* mention SDHC support being added:

They added SDHC to the newer EX-Z850 via updates (last update in August 2007 to support 8GB SDHC):

But, this is not the case for the EX-Z750 from what I can find. The last firmware update I found for this model was in December 2005, and nothing about these updates indicates SDHC support was added.

I would not expect a 4GB SDHC card to work in the EX-750Z. I would stick to 1GB cards to be safe (although a number of 2GB cards will probably work OK, too).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:36 PM   #3

Thanks for your help Jim

Cheers !!

vik7 is offline   Reply With Quote