Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Jan 25, 2008, 2:02 PM   #1

Steve, I love your Reviews, and always read them when considering camera's. I recently got a Canon SD1000 and an 8 Gbyte SDHC Class 6 card for it. The card works great reports 7.9 Gb and offers 4099 pictures at maximum resolution, Your review said it only supported up to 4 Gbyte.

"The Powershot SD1000 is equipped with a card slot that supports use of SD or MMC cards up to 2GB or SDHC cards up to 4GB, and comes with a 32MB SD. Shown here with a Lexar 1GB SD card - see the tables below for the approximate storage capacity."

THansk for your great work in these reviews -- Ken
pcmdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2008, 5:11 PM   #2

Hi pcmdoc (Ken),

That's great that your 8GB card works! There are two possibilities as to why we listed 4GB as the max for SDHC type cards in our review. EitherCanon had listed that the camera only supported that card type up to 4GB, or4GB was the largest capacity SDHC card widely available at the time of the review.

Thanks for the info and visiting the site!
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 1:39 PM   #3

Based on Steve's reviews i m gonna buy a canon SD 1000 (IXUS 70) on 2nd feb. they r providing a 2gb SD card along with it. my concern is that will i b able to shoot continious video with it or will i be restricted to small movies ( like Steve himself showed a 10 sec video clip in SD 1000 sample pictures).

please let me kow at the earliest as in India this kind of details are dead hard to find

oneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:13 PM   #4

This is from the Canon USA site:

"With a highly flexible movie mode, you can create the movie that's perfect for any application. Select from VGA (640 x 480 pixels) and QVGA (320 x 240 pixels), with frame rates of 30 fps and 15 fps for recording up to 1 hour or 4GB. Also choose from Fast Frame Rate (QVGA; 320 x 240 pixels) recording at 60 fps for up to 1 minute, Compact Movie Mode (QQVGA; 160 x 120 pixels) recording at 15 fps for up to 3 minutes, and Time Lapse (640 x 480) recording at 1 or 2 sec. intervals."

Good luck with your new camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote