Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:41 AM   #1

As you may already know that Pentax K100D Super has small buffer size, so I'd like to purchase a good quality high-speed card to overcome issues in fast-shooting condition. 2GB would be fine for me and I mostly shoot in RAW format.
Any suggestion?

Shalvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:30 AM   #2

From what I can see from reading reviews testing write performance using multiple cards (for example, Sandisk Ultra II, Sandisk Extreme III, Lexar 133x, MyFlash 150x), this model tops out at around 2MB/Second write speed to memory cards.

So, I probably wouldn't spend a lot of money to get the latest and greatest card (the bottleneck will be the camera versus the card speed with most faster cards).

On the other hand, you can get a 2GB Sandisk Extreme III for under $20 now at vendors like http://www.newegg.com (the price is already pretty close to the slower Ultra II). So, it wouldn't hurt to get a faster card than the camera will take advantage of.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:12 PM   #3

The faster cards have the advantage that they can download quicker to your computer in a USB 2.0 card reader than slower cards.... so if you plan to take lot of photos this is another reason to go with the exterme III vs ultraII or even a 40x card. newegg.com is a good place to go for memory cards. Great fast service and good prices.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote