Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 8, 2008, 7:56 AM   #1

hey guys i bought a scan disk 2gb sd card for my kodax dx7590

i took 50 photos all was good then all of a sudden it comes up wit h read only memory card plus i cant delete the photos on the card

any help appricated
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:17 AM   #2

Check the side of the card to make sure it doesn't have a lock/unlock switch that's in the locked position.

If it's not locked, try formatting the card with the camera's menu choice for format and see if that fixes it. Personally, I reformat a memory card using a camera's format menu choice prior to every single use after copying my photos -- no exceptions. That insures that you always start out with a fresh FAT (File Allocation Table), just the way the camera expects it (since it's performing the format).

If you can't format it using the camera's menu choice for format, try formatting it with Windows using a card reader. But, make sure to select FAT as the file system choice from the drop down list you'll see on a screen that gives you choices (FAT32 is probably not compatible with your camera, and Windows may use FAT32 by default if you do not choose FAT).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote