Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1

I'm about to take a trip and haven't used my G3 in quite some time.

I have a factory-installed IBM microdrive, but it filled, so I switched (somehow) to using the CF card. Now I'd like to switch back to using the microdrive, but can't remember how to do it. I even have the original manual.... no joy.

snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:56 PM   #2

Unless their is something wrong with your microdrive card or the CF card all you should have to dpo is insert the card and start shooting. that is if the camera is compatable with Microdrive cards. I am not fimilar with the camera but that is mainly how it works on most other cameras I have seen.

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:57 PM   #3

If you take a look at the third page of Steve's Canon PowerShot G3 Review, you'll see a photo of where the memory card slot is on this camera body:

If you look at the small square plastic button under the card in this photo, you can use it to eject the memory card, and insert another one (either a microdrive, or CompactFlash I or II memory card types).

Go to the downloads section for your camera and you can get .pdf versions of the quick start guides, full user manuals, etc. for more information.

Canon Support Downloads for PowerShot G3

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 9:42 PM   #4

BTW, you're better off with flash memory cards than the microdrive anyway. Flash memory cards are more reliable, and for quite some time now, they've been larger and faster. They're also a lot cheaper.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote