Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Memory Cards, Microdrives, Card Readers

Old May 4, 2008, 7:50 AM   #1

My grandfather has an Olympus D-395 camera with the 16MB xD picture card that came with it. I want to upgrade it for him to a 256MB card and after buying two cards that didn't work in the camera I have realised that they are M and H type cards which are not compatible with the camera. Only standard xD picture cards will work in the camera it seems, very frustrating! :angry:

My question is, are these standard xD cards still available? I have looked on lots of websites and can only find M and H types.
If they are no longer available is there anyway of increasing the amount of photos my grandfather can take without buying a new camera?

I am not an expert with cameras so any "simple" advice would be very much appreciated! And please excuse my ignorance if this is a really stupid question! :?
lorniecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2008, 8:03 AM   #2

Here you go. newegg.com (a reputable vendor) has two different standard xD Picture Cards listed now (both 256MB).

256MB xD Picture Card listings at newegg.com

It looks like the Lexar is out ot stock. But, they're showing stock on the Kodak brand card.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 10:15 AM   #3

Thanks JimC. I forgot to say that I was based in the UK. It seems that Fuji and Olympus no longer manufacter the standard xD cards. But I have just found a few secondhand standard xD cards on UK e-bay so I will try my luck with those! Thanks for your help.

P.S. Steve's DigiCams is a super website. Well done!:bye:
lorniecam is offline   Reply With Quote